One of the great things about WordPress is the ease of use. The sheer quantity of choices, the ease of installing new plugins, can all add up to a site that's got problems behind the scenes, where it counts. That's why we offer a WordPress Site Audit to track down issues and make recommendations for dealing with those issues so you can get the most out of your WordPress site or blog.
Who this is for:
• If you are using WordPress as a CMS to manage your site.
• If you are using WordPress to manage your blog.
This is not for you if you are on WordPress.com – that’s a service platform, we only work with WordPress.org, which you host on your own website hosting.
Your site gets picked over with a fine toothed comb – we look at pretty much everything – ftp, your database, the dashboard, the front end of the site, what’s indexed, how that compares with what is actually on the site, all of the on site things. We also look at your theme, plugins, including the settings and configuration with an eye for conflicts, bottlenecks and redundancy.
You get a report detailing the issues and suggesting why and how to fix them. If there isn’t one set answer to an issue, and this is fairly common since every site is a little different due to the choices and combinations of things, then we’ll offer your choices and some background so you can make the right choice.
You can use the report and make the corrections yourself or have your web person do them. Or we can provide you with a quote for doing them.
Some examples of the things we’ve found for our clients:
- Duplicate Title tags and duplicate meta-descriptions. These should be one to a page, multiples not needed and can be seen as spam. Correcting this issue solved ranking issues for the site in question, almost immediately.
- Broken plugins causing server loads to spike sky high and slowing the site to a crawl. This one is self-explanatory, with Google using site speed as an indicator in rankings. Relieving the load on the server by identifying and removing the broken plugin caused page load times to drop dramatically.
- Misconfigured or missing sitemap – you have a plugin that does a sitemap – but is it doing it correctly? And is it putting your content in it’s best light?
Ready to schedule your audit?
Schedule a Site Audit
Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.